Operator/Maintenance-driven reliability refers to the role of operators and maintenance personnel in maintaining and ensuring the reliability of equipment and systems. This includes following proper procedures, performing regular inspections and maintenance, and promptly reporting any issues or problems. This is often conducted with the use of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. This allows the readings and actions to be seamlessly transferred to existing data systems for analysis and follow up. The goal is to minimize downtime and ensure that equipment is always in good working condition. Operator/Maintenance-driven reliability is often a key component of a company's overall reliability program.
Description of Service
Below are the typical steps involved in the process:
- Develop equipment specific templates – Our consultants can facilitate the development of equipment specific tasks and measurement points. They can provide template content for common equipment types like pumps, motors, gearboxes, etc.
- Determine the location of equipment – Focus on a particular area of the site and create a registry of the assets in that location.
- Create Routes – Work with area operators and maintenance crafts to develop the route flow to ensure that it matches the most efficient path around the area.
- Apply Equipment Templates - Apply the equipment specific templates to each asset in the route. They will then validate the applied template with the operators/maintenance personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Route Data Formatted for Software – The consultant will work with site to format the route outputs so they can be uploaded to their mobile inspection management system (e.g GE APM Rounds, DMSI, etc.)
- Test the Routes in the Field – Routes will be walked down in the field with area operators and maintenance personnel to ensure the checks are adequate and the route path is the most efficient.
- Training – The consultant will train area operators/maintenance personnel in the use of the handheld devices and the developed routes.
- Options – Consultant can help support the effort on a regular basis with monthly visits to the site. They can also help to define report outputs and metrics for the effort.
A typical engagement will be two weeks. The consultant will arrive on site on Monday afternoon and will work with the team through Thursday afternoon. Depending on the location the consultant will return on the following Monday afternoon. Note, if travel is too far, the consultant may decide to stay over the weekend and return on Monday morning. The consultant will provide a status overview for management on the final Friday morning if requested.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org